Thursday, November 25, 2010

Matters of Life

"Two roads diverged in a wood,
and I-- I took the one less traveled by"- Frost.
You know when it's really late at night, you have your head phones in and your brain just starts churning? Yeah, that's where I am right now. Currently my roommate is passed out and our bed light lamp is not working, so in respect of her I decided I would write my thoughts here instead of on paper today so forgive my babbles, for I don't think this one will be all too humorous.
So we all have our fears right? I'm really scared of bugs and there's a lot of those creepy crawlies here in Hawaii, which is just perfect. I love snuggling up with nice cockroach every once in a while. Why not right, they're not that different from most guys ha. Anyways, I've realized that one of my fears is being single forever ha. As silly as that sounds I've noticed that I'm not paving my life around a road leading to marriage and I am fully aware of it because, to be honest, that's not at the top of my priority list right now.
I want to explore. I want to learn. I want to say I LIVED
To some this concept may be all too foreign, but hey, to each his own. So I got a call from INVISIBLE CHILDREN today and got my second interview today! Oh man, I'm still weirded out that they like me, or that anyone could like me enough to want a second interview with me in that case. I don't think I would even want a second interview with me ha. It's a little scary at the same time. There were well over a 1,000 or a couple thousand people that applied and they're only looking to take on 50 so I never thought I would get this far. It's still somewhat of a fairytale in my head. I'm torn. I love Hawaii. I'm finally finding people that I really enjoy being with and one of my best friends will be back out here next semester and we haven't been together in what seems like lifetimes for us. At the same time I could never pass this amazing opportunity by if they wanted me on their team. Where's Robert Frost when you need him, eh? So here's my brilliant plan, you can let me know if you think of something better.
1. Invisible Children roadie internship
2. Krochet Kid's summer internship
3. Back to Hawaii OR Spain study abroad. [I DO need to learn Spanish]
4. Back to Iran for a quick minute.. HEY maybe my Turkish will start coming back to me? 
5. Live in New York/San Fran and explore.

See that list? That's why I have a fear of being alone. It's only growing longer by the day, but that's what I get for being a 'jelly bean' as they call me [never sticking to the same location for too long]. I feel like this is the perfect time in life to live the jelly bean syndrom though. Stability is overrated. ///////// OK since I fell asleep and pushed by laptop off my bed onto hard wood floor I think it's time to submit this puppy in and put a snooze on this conversation.

XON.

No comments:

Post a Comment